Pre-Ramble

Okay - so please read this blog with a gentle gaze as we were limited with web access, speed and energy after long beautiful days to re-hash. Even if I'm the only reader in the long run - it's great to blog-a-log deets I want to reflect on. I don't love blogging, but I love having blogged!

Likely, I'll take time to add or edit words and images when time allows (ha!) - but for now, in the spirit of imperfection - here's a scan of a trip to Iceland with John - August 2011. I use the word scan.. because you know there is always so much more to travel then meets the eye - so much more to see!


btw, to view from the beginning of trip to the end - scroll all the way down (then to "older posts") then to the image of the Iceland map & NYC taxi cab...and READ UP!
- or you can read it backward, I guess!


Trip coming to an end....



This sunset is from the Golden Circle.

People have actually said "why would you go to Iceland?" - I hope if you perused this blog, you get why. It may be a tiny little country west of Europe between Norway and Greenland and a land of volcanic ash - but it is stunning with so much depth, history, lava fields that make you feel like you are on the moon, waterfalls, geysers, hot springs, black beaches, vast green landscapes, picturesque towns - some glaciers... snow capped mountains... and beautiful people.

Hard to leave - but the beauty is that we live in a place we love too...and return to good lives.

Oh, so the flags in the video say the word Heima... which means home. In spite of the HURRICANE!!