Pre-Ramble

Okay - so please read this blog with a gentle gaze as we were limited with web access, speed and energy after long beautiful days to re-hash. Even if I'm the only reader in the long run - it's great to blog-a-log deets I want to reflect on. I don't love blogging, but I love having blogged!

Likely, I'll take time to add or edit words and images when time allows (ha!) - but for now, in the spirit of imperfection - here's a scan of a trip to Iceland with John - August 2011. I use the word scan.. because you know there is always so much more to travel then meets the eye - so much more to see!


btw, to view from the beginning of trip to the end - scroll all the way down (then to "older posts") then to the image of the Iceland map & NYC taxi cab...and READ UP!
- or you can read it backward, I guess!


Food I WILL NOT eat while in Iceland .. or anywhere!



Food I will surely NOT eat that are known to be big in Iceland:

Lamb - no way, love the taste as I know it well from childhood, but that's not going to ever happen. I'll wear wool, but not eat their meet no matter how grass fed they are.

Puffins

Reindeer

Hakari (shark)

Horse--- oh my god, no.

Haddock

Whale

Sheeps head

Rams testicles