Pre-Ramble

Okay - so please read this blog with a gentle gaze as we were limited with web access, speed and energy after long beautiful days to re-hash. Even if I'm the only reader in the long run - it's great to blog-a-log deets I want to reflect on. I don't love blogging, but I love having blogged!

Likely, I'll take time to add or edit words and images when time allows (ha!) - but for now, in the spirit of imperfection - here's a scan of a trip to Iceland with John - August 2011. I use the word scan.. because you know there is always so much more to travel then meets the eye - so much more to see!


btw, to view from the beginning of trip to the end - scroll all the way down (then to "older posts") then to the image of the Iceland map & NYC taxi cab...and READ UP!
- or you can read it backward, I guess!


Dinner at 10:30pm in Hella..... nothing to brag about! :)




Nothing open late...
so it's a hot dog for John..
and pistachio nuts & skyr (Iceland delicious yogurt) while we sat in the parking lot.

This is just to show the lack of posh and perfection that we all know about with travel! ---- mishaps and a few tiffs and irritations - all part uprooting and getting on a plane and going away from our routines. I do it often, and I'm still amazed at how I still expect travel to be perfect.

So here we are after a long beautiful day - with hopes to find a lovely roadside restaurant - and there is KFC (and as much as I'm flexible this particular trip with my vegan ways - there is no way I'm sitting there and ripping greasy meat off a bone - or watch John do it!) - so we search and search - but if you are outside Reykjavik, you won't find too much...but so gas stations.

All part of the travel package deal.

As much as cranky happens - there is something about the Icelandic air, so thin, so fresh, that the cranky lifts so much quicker... we decided to bring some air back too in a jar...